Cycle of the Sun

Photos for this project: 01 | 02 | 03

Henry Gallery • University of Washington
Seattle WA • 1989-90

Cycle of the Sun was composed of nine reflector panels placed in sculpture alcoves on the outside of the Henry Gallery. The high-Tec plastic material of the murals was arranged in patterns that were similar to the brick patterns found on this distinguished 1926 building, creating a surprisingly integrated and popular installation. It was originally developed to have Cycle of the Sun up for one year. It was latter added into the Henry’s permanent collection and is installed every once in a while for a year or two and then returned to storage.
Back to commissions index